Week 4 Discussion Topic: Stakeholders and Policy
Stakeholders are individuals or groups who have an interest in health policy based on their positions, circumstances, beliefs, and values.
To prepare for this assignment, reflect on which health policy issue is of greatest interest to you and what you may want to focus your work on for this semester. Some broad examples (not all-inclusive) include
- Transitional care
- Wellness/health promotion
- Women’s health
- Health/disease screening
- Comfort care/end of life
- Long-term care
- Disaster preparedness
- Physical fitness
- Aging in place
- Reproductive health
- Advanced practice professional issues (e.g., safe staffing, scope of practice/reimbursement)
- Disease prevention
- Palliative care
- Nursing and other healthcare professional’s workforce issues
- Disease management
- Nurse-managed or school-based health centers
- Health literacy
- Workplace safety
- Mental health/substance abuse
- Patient centered medical home
- Care coordination
- Team-based care
- Neonatal issues (NICU)
- Pediatric and adolescent issues (access to care, obesity, physical activity, nutrition, school, etc.)
- Title VIII funding—Nursing workforce development
- Issues specific to the PPACA: health insurance marketplace/exchanges, value-based care, accountable care organizations, workforce issues, etc.
- Meaningful use
- Health information technologies (EHR, etc.)
- Health disparities
- Death with dignity
- Healthcare quality
- Healthcare safety
- Acute and chronic pain prevention and management; opioids
- Is health care a right?
For this discussion, select a topic from the above health policy issues (or another one of your interest) and provide an example of an interest group with a stake in the issue you selected. In your initial post, briefly state (220 words) their mission or primary goals related to a health policy matter.
Then select another health policy issue from the list above (or another one of your interest); identify an individual stakeholder in the interest, and briefly describe what you would expect from their position.
Your post should include two APA-referenced, peer-reviewed source.
Dough, B., Sheldon, J., Sheldon, J., & Frishberg, D. (1976, March 27). I am just a Bill. Schoolhouse Rock, Youtube.com.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."