- Week 2 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due August 26 at 11:59 PMThe discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of week.
For the most part, providers, including physicians and laboratories, are required by state laws to report health conditions. For some communicable diseases, this type of passive surveillance of notifiable diseases helps identify outbreaks, epidemics, pandemics, and possible bioterrorism.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, review priorities in chronic disease prevention and control. Based on your research and understanding, answer the following questions:
- Has the focus on disease prevention and health promotion shifted from infectious diseases to chronic diseases? Why or why not?
- Will a diversion in focus from infectious to chronic diseases leave the United States and other parts of the world at greater risk for pandemics or bioterrorism? Why or why not?
- How do risk factors and prevention strategies differ from infectious and chronic diseases?
- When thinking about chronic diseases, how do you perceive the purpose and utility of passive surveillance as an epidemiological tool? Explain with an example of a chronic disease surveillance system. Would you advocate the reporting of select chronic conditions? Why? Give reasons for your answer.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."