Week 1 Discussion
What are Natural Rights and Why are they Unique to the United States?
Please respond to the following:
Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- What are rights? Please do not give examples, but think about what a “right” actually is.
- What are the three fundamental rights of human beings? Why are they considered fundamental?
- Explain whether or not the government should extend the same constitutional rights to all criminal suspects that American citizens enjoy. Provide support for your argument with specific examples of such rights.
- What about bank robbers? Crimes involving children? What about terrorism suspects? NOTE: Be sure and read Prof. Salley’s explanations of this issue.
- Consider how “legal protections” handled in other countries and how effective are they?
- Remember to check the Constitution as to whether government even has a choice in this matter and explain your thoughts.
- What are the differences between “civil rights” and “civil liberties” (HINT: what does the Constitution say)?
- If you could rewrite one of the amendments to the Constitution, which one would you rewrite and why? How would this affect the day-to-day lives of American citizens?
- Respond to peer below
RE: Week 1 Discussion Top of Form
Hello, class and professor nice to meet you all.
The rights are legal, ethical principles of freedom or entitlement. A right is a fundamental normative rule that allows people to according to some legal system, social convention, or ethical theory. The rights are often most considerer fundamental to any civilization. The three fundamental natural rights are life, liberty, and property. are believed that the basic human law of nature is the preservation of mankind it serves the purpose. we as individuals have both a right and a duty to preserve our own lives. Back on June 8, 1776, the continental congress once voted and wrote a declaration of independence and appointed a committee to be able to draft a formal document. when the fundamental natural rights abused for over a long period. All criminal prosecutions that are accused need to be presumed innocent until the contrary is proved we all should have the right to be heard.
Bottom of Form
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."