Common Assignment Requirements
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your comprehension of project management (PM) methodology and tools integration in context of the project management office (PMO) and the PMO competency continuum. To satisfy this objective, address the following assignment key elements:
- In your own words including scholarly reference support,
- Define the constructs of PM methodologies and PM tools
- Describe the distinction between these constructs in context of the PMO.
- Relate the integration of PM methodologies and tools to the stages of the PMO competency continuum.
- Based on Echcharqy’s (2020) module 2 case study: Project Management Office (PMO) for Strategy Alignment: Case of the Ministry of Industry, Trade, Green and Digital Economy in Morocco (Links to an external site.)
- summarize how the integration of PM methodologies enables the PMO to achieve its purpose
- while recognizing ethical considerations and
- challenges unique to an international PMO.
Echarqy, S. (2020). Project management office (PMO) for strategy alignment: Case of the Ministry of Industry, Trade, Green and Digital Economy in Morocco. Management & Marketing Journal, 18(2), 181–192.
Option #1: PMO Methods and Tools Essay
For the assignment Option #1, write an essay to address the Module 2 Common Assignment Requirements.
Submit your Module 2 Critical Thinking assignment as a single Microsoft Word document to the submissions area established for this purpose.
Your essay should address the following requirements:
- Your well-written PMO recommendation essay thesis should be 7 pages in length, which does not include the title, reference, or appendix pages. You need to add headings and subheadings associated with each of the bullet points listed in the common assignment requirements.
- Format your presentation according to APA, which should include an introduction and conclusion.
- Include title and reference pages.
- In addition to your course textbook and the assignment case study, cite at least three current (published within the past 5 years) scholarly resources (peer-reviewed, official governmental reports, and other scholarly sources) to support your suppositions, assertions, and conclusions..
- Include an appendix for tables and figures as appropriate.
Please write clearly, concisely, and cohesively; use section level headers to organize the key elements of your thesis.
- Chapters 1 & 2 in The Complete Project Management Office Handbook
- Part 1: Chapter 4; Part 2: Chapter 1, sections 1.3-1.4 in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- PMSRC, Module 1, pages 1 & 2
- Echcharqy, S. (2020). Project management office (PMO) for strategy alignment: Case of the Ministry of Industry, Trade, Green and Digital Economy in Morocco. Management & Marketing Journal, 18(2), 181–192.
- Pinto, J., & Ribeiro, P. (2018). Characterization of an Agile coordination office for IST companies. Procedia Computer Science, 138, 859–866. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2018.10.112
Hill, G. M. (2013). The complete project management office handbook (3rd ed.). CRC Press.
Project Management Institute. (2017). A guide to the project management body of knowledge® (PMBOK® Guide) (6th ed). PMI Publications.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."