Students will reflect on the topics of the week, their role in the case consultation group and any emotions or questions that are arising for them as a future clinician at this point in the course (fears, concerns, hopes, barriers, learning curves to becoming a clinician). This will be a cumulative, reflective, critical analysis journal with the focus on your experience in this course exploring concepts, interventions, and readings that evoked a response from you. What rubbed you the wrong way? What surprised you? What aligned with your values? What was Challenging? How might you overcome these Challenges? What do you think triggered these reactions?
This week we will cover:
- Substance Abuse in Families
- Impact of Domestic Violence in the Home
- Children and Neurobiology of Trauma
- Webb (2018) Social Work Practice With Children, Chs 13 & 15
- Cook-Cottone, C. P., Anderson, L., & Kane, L. (2019). The elements of counseling children and adolescents, Chapter 6 Cook-Cottone, C. P., Anderson, L., & Kane, L. (2019). The elements of counseling children and adolescents. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company. (Links to an external site.)
Other Media Resources
- Ted Talk: How Does Income Affect Childhood Brain Development? (Links to an external site.)
- Ted Talk: Wasted: Exposing the Family Effect of Addiction (Links to an external site.)
- Podcast: Domestic Violence in the Lives of Children (part 1 of 2) (Links to an external site.)
- Podcast: The System is Broken: Challenges to Trauma-Informed Approaches with Parents and Children Affected by Domestic Violence (Links to an external site.)
- Podcast: Recovery High Schools: Interview with Lori Holleran Steiker, Ph.D.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."