For this discussion post, you’ll select a work of Islamic art to learn more about and share with the class.
- Select an Islamic artwork from one of the museum collections linked below (it can be historical or contemporary):
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York)
- Aga Khan Museum (Toronto) (Links to an external site.)
- Cleveland Museum of Art
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (Links to an external site.)
- Please make sure that your artwork relates directly to either Islam or is within the Islamic world.
- If you’d like to double check your piece, feel free to email me.
- You’ll need to post first to see other’s posts in your group.
- In 300 words or more, summarize in your own words what’s significant about your piece, what’s its meaning, and what you found intriguing about it after you learned about it. Your post is due Friday by 11:59pm.
- Like other posts, this is an exercise in identifying the importance of a piece and it’s important for it to be in your own words. If you used other sources, please include those.
- Remember to:
- Embed your image.
- Include its info — name of the artist (if known), title, date, and medium. Please include the geography and/or culture.
- Include a link to the online entry in the museum’s collection. If you used other sources, please include those.
- Comment thoughtfully on two other posts by your classmates. Your comments are due Sunday by 11:59pm.
- Your reply should be longer than one sentence and engage in a substantial way with what they posted.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."