This must be done in APA format.
Two cited sources being used:
Langvardt, A. W., Barnes, A. J., Prenkert, J. D., McCrory, M. A., & Perry, J. E. (2019). Business law: The ethical, global, and e-commerce environment (17th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com
United States v. Hall, 47 F.3d, 1091 (1995). https://ashford.instructure.com/courses/85729/discussion_topics/2383770?module_item_id=4336155
For this assignment,
- Review Chapter 5 of the course textbook.(attached below)
- Review United States v. Hall, 47 F.3d 1091 (11th Cir. 1995) (attached below) In United States v. Hall, 47 F.3d 1091 (11th Cir. 1995), the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals discussed the difference between a business and an individual’s reasonable expectation of privacy in the area around their home or business (called the curtilage). In Hall, a government agent seized a bag of shredded documents from a dumpster located on the property of Bet-Air, Inc. Hall filed a motion to suppress the evidence on the grounds that the search and seizure was a violation of the Fourth Amendment. Review United States v. Hall and discuss the following:
- What was the Court of Appeal’s decision?
- Was the search and seizure a violation of the Fourth Amendment? Why or why not?
- Would the result have been different if the dumpster was on private property rather than on commercial property?
- Suppose you were an executive at Bet-Air. What recommendations would you make to help Bet-Air assert an expectation of privacy in the dumpster?
- When looking at a potential Fourth Amendment violation, what are the two ‘basic’ questions that Langvardt et al. state need to be examined? Why are these important to address? What are some of the other questions that then need to be addressed? (This is based on the course text in chapter 5 attached below)
Your initial response should be a minimum of 220 words.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."