Provide an analysis on the HIPAA violation of patient health information (PHI) that was present in the case below. Be sure to include in-text citations and a reference entry for your chosen case from the Resolution Agreements page.
Michigan State University – The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights has entered into a voluntary resolution agreement with Michigan State University; the MSU HealthTeam, and MSU Health Care, Inc., resolving a civil rights investigation related to Larry Nassar’s sexual abuse of gymnasts and others while employed by MSU. Michigan State University is a public research university in East Lansing, Michigan. MSU was founded in 1855 and served as a model for land-grant universities later created under the Morrill Act of 1862. (Date: 08/12/2019) – retrieved from https://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/for-providers/compliance-enforcement/agreements/index.html
In your case analysis,
- Analyze the specific HIPAA privacy and security rules that were broken.
- Explain the penalties (if any) that were imposed as a result of the ruling on the case.
- Develop a health system improvement plan to include applicable Federal standards.
- Propose a risk analysis strategy addressing appropriate laws and regulations.
- Apply the lessons learned from this particular case to your Proposal and Final Presentation.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Violations assignment
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly and/or peer reviewed sources
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."