The purpose of this assignment is to understand how legislation has driven EHR design and use.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (10-15 slides) reflecting on the legislation that has affected the privacy and security of EHRs. Each slide should include speaker notes. Address the following:
- How did the Institute of Medicine (IOM) and Computer-Based Patient Record Institute (CPRI) lead the way in the conceptualization of EHRs?
- Describe the HITECH Act and how it has impacted EHR design and use.
- Explain at least two benefits and challenges of the HITECH Act
- Describe Promoting Interoperability (formerly called Meaningful Use) as outlined in the HITECH Act.
- Describe at least five different types of security measures and include the components of each security measure.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."