Not All Companies Are Viewed as Equal
In the land of free trade, the public does not view all industries as equal. Do you believe that is ethical? Do you believe that some industries are unfairly targeted? Should it be consumers’ choice to partake in products that are not healthy for them, or do those companies have an ethical obligation to protect people?
- Download the Week 6 Assignment Template [DOCX], which will help you with your assignment.
- Choose one of the following industries to frame your paper:
- The pharmaceutical industry.
- The payday loan industry.
- Cloning for medical purposes.
- Write a paper in which you:
- Become an advocate for either the consumer or the industry.
- Prepare an argument explaining the major reasons why you support either the consumer or the industry.
- Discuss whether you believe it is possible for a company to cater to both its best interest and that of the consumer simultaneously or if one always has to prevail. Justify your response.
- Use at least two quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
You will graded according to the following criteria:
- Provide evidence for your support of the consumer or industry.
- Justify your position regarding whether it is possible for a company to simultaneously cater to both its best interest and that of the consumer, or if only one can prevail.
- Follow Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) requirements for format, in-text citation of quotes and paraphrases, and references page.
- Follow guidelines for clear and organized writing: include an introductory and concluding paragraph; address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine the ethical considerations for balancing corporate and social responsibilities.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."