How can you spot an engaged employee? What characteristics do they exhibit or what practices do they employ in the workplace? Engaged employees have positive consequences for organizations. The Learning Resources this week present research exploring antecedents, consequences, and mediating affects related to engagement with the overarching goal of helping employees become more engaged. In your role as a consultant, you may be required to present strategies on how to help organizations reach that goal. This assignment will give you a chance to practice that.
To prepare for the Assignment:
- Select an organization or workplace that you know well and consider an example of work engagement. What have you seen that suggested to you either an employee was engaged or disengaged in their work? How can you tell the difference?
- Review the article “Burnout and Work Engagement: The JD–R Approach.” Consider organizational-level interventions presented in the article for improving work engagement.
- Review the article “A Process Model of Employee Engagement: The Learning Climate and Its Relationship With Extra-Role Performance Behaviors.” Consider the role of learning climate as a strategy to increase engagement.
- Review the article “Enhancing Work Engagement: The Roles of Psychological Capital, Authentic Leadership, and Work Empowerment.” Consider the strategies laid out to improve work engagement in employees.
- Review the article “Innovative Tools and Techniques to Ensure Effective Employee Engagement.” Identify tools and techniques for engaging employees.
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper (not including references) that addresses the following:
With your specific organization in mind, prepare a recommendation to management of the steps the organization could take to improve work engagement, not just in a single disengaged worker, but in general terms that might improve work engagement at all levels of the organization. Be sure to draw upon this week’s resources as you make recommendations.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."