Week 03 Assignment – Problem, Aim Statement and Project Objectives
For this assignment, you will use the “Worksheet for Developing Your Quality Improvement Project” (PDF)- ATTACHED) to help you develop the problem, aim statement, and project objectives for your quality improvement project. Use the assignment’s guidelines as listed below to complete this assignment.
Use this TOPIC from a previous assignment: Measuring the Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic among Health Care Workers
Students will create sections on:
- Problem Statement
- Define the nature and significance of the local problem, and the focus of your proposed QI project.
- Describe the local context:
- type and size of organization
- details about the staff members
- brief description of patient population.
- Aim Statement
- Time-specific and measurable; it should also define the specific population that will be affected (ihi.org, 2017).
- Use the S.M.A.R.T. criteria:
- Project Objectives
(what do you expect your project to accomplish)
- Use the S.M.A.R.T. criteria to write each objective.
- John Hopkins Medical. (n.d.) Worksheet for Developing Your Quality Improvement Project. John Hopkins Medical School.
- Nash, D.B., Joshi, M.S., Ransom, E.R., & Ransom, S.B. (Eds.) (2019). The healthcare quality book: Vision, strategies, and tools (4th ed.). Health Administration Press.
- Nash, Joshi, Ransom, & Ransom: Chapters 4, 9, & 12.
- ASQ. (2021). Quality assurance and quality control. ASQ Quality Press.
- IHI. (2021). Measures. IHI Open School.
- IHI. (2021). Science of Improvement: Establishing Measures. IHI Open School.
- Nelson, E.C., Mohr, J.J., Batalden, P.B., & Plume, S.K. (1996). Improving health care, part 1: The clinical value compass (PDF). Joint Commission Journal on Quality Improvement, 22(4), 243-258.
Writing Guide for the entire MSN program:
- APA. (2019). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). American Psychological Association.
Content in weeks Lesson
- IHI. (n.d.). Science of Improvement: Establishing Measures. IHI Open School. (Video)
- N.A. (n.d.). Worksheet for Developing your Quality Improvement Project. Johns Hopkins Medicine.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."