- Familiarize yourself with O*NET by reviewing the information provided on the About O*NET page: (http://www.onetcenter.org/overview.html (Links to an external site.)).
- From the About page, click the Content Model link, and review the conceptual model underlying this project: (http://www.onetcenter.org/content.html (Links to an external site.)).
- Review the O*NET Online Desk Aid found in the Files section.
- Go to the My Next Move page (http://www.mynextmove.org/ (Links to an external site.)), and enter an occupation with which you are familiar (e.g., one you have held or hope to hold) in the keyword search box, or use the Industry Search feature or Tell Us What You Like to Do options if you prefer.)
- Select the Search, Browse, or Start buttons.
- Select the occupation that best matches what you are looking for (or use other search terms until you find something that interests you) and review all of the data provided for that position.
- Use the O*NET interest profiler (http://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip (Links to an external site.)) to determine your skills and O*NET’s suggestion for a match of those skills.
After completion of these navigation steps, proceed to complete the assignment by discussing the learning questions below.
- What were two occupations O*NET found that fit your skills, interests, and experience level desired? Provide the details regarding the following.
- Name of the occupations (10 points each, 20 total)
- Do you agree that you would be good at or like either of them? If yes, why? If no, why not? Explain using your skills, experience, likes, and interests as support for your answer. (30 points)
- What states offered above-average opportunities for the position? (List up to three.) (10 points)
- What was the average salary listed for the occupation? (5 points)
- As an HR professional, how could O*NET be useful in conducting a job analysis? Explain specifically how you would use the data from this site to assist your organization. (30 points)
- Name two things you learned about job analysis and/or the job you reviewed that you did not know before reviewing this website. (20 points)
- Will you utilize this website in the future when looking for jobs or hiring employees? Why or why not? (20 points)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."