Seminal works are those that are generally considered to be critical to an understanding of a discipline. However, as our understanding of disciplines change, what may have been considered a seminal work in the past may become viewed as something quite different. For example, Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs has been seen as seminal in the Organizational Behavioral arena, yet more recent research has called into question its very validity. Studies of the application of Maslow’s theory suggests that it is a poor predictor of actual behavior; this clearly demonstrates that theory does not always work out. Lifelong learning implies we are continually reviewing not only new knowledge but older knowledge, as well.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
- Distinguish the important aspects of the three research methodologies.
Seminal works are those that are foundational and which serve as platforms for our present understanding. Examination of those works can be educational and help the researcher understand the limitations of various research methodologies. For this assignment, pick one seminal work; be sure to identify it in your response.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Prepare a discussion posting of at least 500 words that answers the following questions:
- How have the seminal contributions in your field led to the key practices in your field?
- What have been the most beneficial accomplishments of the practices?
- Have there been any bad results? (Bad means the results were not helpful and may be embarrassing, but no tangible harm was done to the business or organization.)
- Any ugly results? (Ugly means that harm did come to the business or organization.) Why or why not?
- Chapter 5 Arbnor and Bjerke
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."