- Develop formats for initial interviews of mental health clients
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Develop an interview format you would use for an initial interview of a client.
- Attach the interview format document you would use for an initial interview of a client.
- Describe what interview format your preceptor uses for the initial interview of a client.
- Describe which element of your interview format is most helpful in your practice.
Learning Resources ( need 3 References).
· “Cautionary Statement for Forensic Use of DSM-5”
· “Assessment Measures”
· “Cultural Formulation”
· “Glossary of Technical Terms”
· “Glossary of Cultural Concepts of Distress”
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
· Section 5.1, “Psychiatric Interview, Mental Status Examination” (pp. 192–211)
· Section 5.2, “The Psychiatric Report and Medical Record” (pp. 211–217)
· Section 5.3, “Psychiatric Rating Scales” (pp. 217–236)
· Section 5.5, “Personality Assessment: Adults and Children” (pp. 246–257)
· Section 5.7, “Medical Assessment and Laboratory Testing in Psychiatry” (pp. 266–275)
· Chapter 6, “Classification in Psychiatry” (pp. 290–308)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017b). Working with Adults and Older Adults” [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."