In this Performance Task Assessment, you will imagine you are the newly appointed chief operating officer (COO) for a large healthcare delivery system, Thomason Health System. You will develop a strategic proposal that demonstrates your ability to evaluate collaborative, team building, and conflict-management strategies when leading interprofessional teams.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
- Download the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to use as a guide when completing your Assessment. Responses that do not meet the expectations of scholarly writing will be returned without scoring. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided, where appropriate.
- Be sure to use scholarly academic resources as specified in the rubric. This means using Walden Library databases to obtain peer reviewed articles. Additionally, .gov (government expert sources) are a quality resource option. Note: Internet and .com sources do not meet this requirement. Contact your coach or SME for guidance on using Library Databases.
- Carefully review the rubric for the Assessment as part of your preparation to complete your Assessment work.
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) file. Save the as HR005_firstinitial_lastname (for example, HR005_J_Smith). When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
- Thomason Health System Background
- Thomason Health System Bios
- Academic Expectations Writing Checklist
You are the newly appointed chief operating officer (COO) for Thomason Health System (THS), a large healthcare delivery system that will be acquiring and implementing a new information technology system—electronic medical records (EMRs). The organization has many and differing opinions about EMRs, but the chief executive officer (CEO) and the board of directors want you to establish an onboarding team that will help facilitate the organization-wide adoption of this new technology. Your main responsibility is to identify five team members from a short list of candidates and facilitate the launch of an effective team through conflict resolution and team building. This team will present a unified message and facilitate cultural change within the greater organization.
Prepare a strategic proposal to the board of directors that will cover the following (4–6 pages):
- Identify the five different onboarding team members you have selected.
- Justify your selections and exclusions for the onboarding team, using the principles of interprofessional teams.
- Explain the different roles and responsibilities each team member will have as a member of the onboarding team.
- Outline a team-building plan using team building principles (i.e., Team STEPPS).
- Analyze potential challenges in the process of creating an effective onboarding team.
- Describe techniques that will be used by the COO and within the team to identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts.
- Create an engagement plan to keep the onboarding team motivated and cohesive.
- Describe how the onboarding team will apply principles of group dynamics to engage THS staff in the implementation and adoption of EMRs.
- Identify at least two appropriate strategies the onboarding team will use to address resistance to adopting EMRs by the THS staff.
- Create a plan for assessing the effectiveness of the onboarding team in 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.
- Create a plan for assessing THS staff’s engagement in the adoption of EMRs at 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.
The proposal to the board should include tables and charts as appropriate considering the audience—board members prefer concise and informative proposals.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."