Write a one-page summary including the following points:
1. What did you learn during this assignment?
2. Were you able to meet all of the above requirements?
3. Did you change your normal dietary habits in order to meet the goals?
4. How do you think this assignment will affect how you treat patients in the future when doing diet counseling?
5. Be sure to include references that you use. References are to be listed in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics format.
DASH diet requirement
– Eat 8 – 10 servings of fruits and vegetables per day
– Limit sodium to 1500 mg per day
– If you are greater than 115% IBW, use Mifflin St. Jeor to calculate energy needs and
subtract 500 kcal/day for weight loss
– Limit fat intake to less than or equal to 30% of daily caloric intake
– Aim for 50% of kcals from CHO and 20% of kcals from PRO
– Consume 4,700 mg potassium daily (unless contraindicated) from food
– Meet DRIs for magnesium (255 mg)and calcium (800 mg) which is found in low-fat
dairy products, dark green leafy vegetables, beans and nuts
– Consume 3 low-fat dairy products per day (or calcium-fortified milk alternatives)
– Participate in 30 – 45 minutes of moderate physical activity on most days
– Do not consume more than one alcoholic beverage per day (if consumed at all)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."