Assignment: The Struggle for Independence
As World War II ended, the people of African and Asian nations found themselves struggling to find social justice and economic growth as they began their quest for independence. In this assignment, you will begin to answer these very questions as you describe one country’s journey during the decolonization period.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the readings in this week’s Learning Resources regarding Asian and African thoughts about Western influences and impacts.
- Review the articles in this week’s Learning Resources to learn more about politics and leadership in Asian and African nations as they struggle for independence.
- Draw from this week’s reading and consider the nationalist struggles for independence following World War II.
- Consider the changes that the people of Asia and Africa faced. How did they fare after European and Western control was removed? What internal struggles ensued?
- Reflect upon European and Western influences on Asian and African nations.
- Think about what it would be like to live in a nation that was under control of another nation. What would life be like if you did not know the liberty of freedom? What social, economic, and political struggles would you and your nation encounter during this time?
- Compose a 2- to 3-page essay in which you do the following:
- Choose one of the following:
- One country from Southeast Asia, OR
- One country from Africa, OR
- The country of India
- Describe the path to economic growth, social justice, and eventual independence pursued by this country during the period of decolonization after 1945.
- Support your assertions by making at least 2 references, in proper APA format, to your course readings.
- Choose one of the following:
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment. In order to receive full credit, all assignments are due on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Contact the Instructor area. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the “Policies on Late Assignments” section of your Syllabus.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Assignment Evaluation Criteria to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 1 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK1Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 1 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 1 Assignment
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."