With this activity, you will analyze a TED talk – http://www.ted.com/talks
First, select a “talk” (aka presentation or speech) that interests you from the 1,100 TED Talks (ranging in length from 10 to 20 minutes).
FYI: TED Talks was selected because each speech video should have enough depth or substance, and video quality to allow close viewing and analysis.
Second, review chapters 10, 11, and 12 of your text.
Third, listen to the presentation several times, looking deeply at how the individual uses non-verbal communication, composes sentences, and organizes thoughts, etc. Pay particular attention to the following areas:
- Purpose: General and the specific purpose (and implied if different from the stated purpose)
- Non-verbal delivery
- Movement in Your Speech
- Visual Aids
- Strategies for Success
- Pathos: tone, emphasis, engagement
- Logos: clarity, conciseness, arrangement
- Ethos: credibility, expectation, reference
- Appeals (to emotions, logic, ethos)
- Figurative language (similes, metaphors, symbols, imagery)
- Use of language, word choices (diction)
- Passive or active voice
- Simple or complex sentences; short or long sentences
- Oral strategies and tactics
- Speech patterns (articulation, intonation, emphasis)
- Other sound effects
Four, report on all 5 of the areas
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."