Deliverable 3 – Analysis Of Marketing Campaigns
Compare and contrast new social media marketing trends with more traditional forms of advertising.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
We have been looking at successful ad campaigns using social media. Let’s apply this directly and see how this compares with older methods of advertising.
Choose a recent social media campaign, possibly one you interacted with. Below are some possible examples:
- ALS #IceBucketChallenge
- Always #LikeAGirl
- Coca-Cola #ShareaCoke
- IKEA bookbook video
- McDonald’s Super Bowl 2015
- Taco Bell #OnlyInTheApp
- Virgin America Boo videos
- Then consider an older commercial, before social media was (as big) an influence. You can look at famous ads on Youtube.
- In a minimum of 3 pages, please do the following:
- Provide an introduction with a summary of the ads you have chosen, and an explanation of what the stated intent behind the ads was.
- From there, look at what the ads actually say (like a beer ad might actually be demonstrating that women are sex objects).
- Describe how social media plays into the intent and the actual messages. What’s different between the two you chose?
- What made the ads successful (or not successful)?
- What ideas and opinions do you have about the product or brand after reviewing the ads?
- What can we learn about how businesses use Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, etc. to communicate, network, broaden their customer base, and promote their products/services?
- Summarize your analysis.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."