As an employer and employee, it is important to understand how a person is hired and how that impacts your relationship together. Employment at-will was devised by American judges in the 19th century. The purpose of employment at-will was to make it easier and more economical for free enterprise to expand and prosper. Why would this be important to you? Some are hired as at-will employees, whereas others have a contract and are term-employed.
Prepare a minimum 8-slide PowerPoint presentation analyzing the importance of knowing how you are employed. In doing so, include the following:
- What is at-will employment?
- What are the benefits to the employer in hiring you as employment at-will?
- What are the benefits from the point of view of an employee to be employed as an at-will employee?
- What are the exceptions to being an employee at-will?
- Does at-will employment favor the employer, the employee, or both? Why?
- Would you want to be hired as an at-will employee or an employee who has a contract?
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 8 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 8 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."